||Oh yeah, you'll need a hammer to bash in all the dowels
in this step! I used epoxy to glue in the dowels, for two reasons. First
it gives you a long time to assemble the frame, and also because it cleans
up easily with thinner, and if you miss some, it blends in with most finishes,
so it pretty much disappears.
||Now for a confession...i wasn't able to drive the dowels
in all the way on the bottom rail, I probably had too much glue in the
holes. So my end frame is 1/8" higher than it should be. I don't think
this will be a problem, if I remember to screw up the other end frame the
same way. I will also have to look at the side frames, and see if I will
need to modify them.
||Ok, moving on to the side frames, this is gonna be a
snap! You can actually use a clamp here to help drive the dowels home,
(tho I did a fair amount of mallet work on the ends!) I think I may have
a problem with the sides matching the ends, the sides are a little big,
but I can always pass the bottom of the side rails over the jointer if
I need to shorten them up.